Welcome to the Kona Billfisher! The Kona Billfisher is located on the southern edge of the village of Kailua-Kona, on the island of Hawaii. The Kona Billfisher is walking distance to shops, restaurants, clubs, and many other activities. The village stretches for a total of one mile from the King Kamehameha Hotel on the north to the Royal Kona Resort on the south, and provides almost any amenity that a visitor might need or want.
The Kona Billfisher is a 65-unit facility. This resort was one of the first timeshares in the state of Hawaii and is one of very few timeshares where ownership is a simple fee and includes 1/12 of a title to a single unit. Out units are great for families, couples, and groups. We hope you enjoy your stay at the Kona Billfisher and experience a vacation marked by the beautiful Kailua-Kona coast, just a short stroll away from the Billfisher.
COVID-19 Update: Please review the following when planning your visit to our resort.
As of October 14, Gov. David Ige today signed a 14th supplementary emergency proclamation that extends the COVID-19 emergency period through Nov. 30.
As previously announced, the emergency proclamation leaves in place the 14-day mandatory quarantine requirement for out-of-state travelers. However, beginning Oct. 15, a pre-travel testing option will allow travelers an alternative to the mandatory 14-day quarantine.
“I want to remind all travelers that following safe practices – at home, while traveling and upon returning – is the only way to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Wear a face mask, wash your hands frequently and watch your distance around other people, even if you’ve recently tested negative for COVID-19,” said Gov. David Ige.
Travelers, five years and older, who do not want to be subject to the state’s 14-day mandatory travelers quarantine must take an approved COVID-19 test within 72 hours prior to departure from the final leg of travel. If results are not received prior to arrival, the traveler will be required to self-quarantine until a negative test result is reported to the state Dept. of Health.
The state will accept test results from trusted testing and travel partners only. A complete list can be found here.
Negative test results may be uploaded to the Safe Travels Digital Platform, and all travelers must also complete the state’s mandatory travel and health form on this digital platform.
The proclamation allows counties to require a subsequent test after arrival into the state. Such a test would be paid for and administered by the county. People arriving in a county that requires a post-arrival test do not need to self-quarantine prior to obtaining the subsequent test. Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms or who anyone who tests positive at any point in their stay must take steps to isolate or quarantine as directed by the Dept. of Health.
The inter-island quarantine for travelers arriving in the counties of Kaua‘i, Hawai‘i, Maui and Kalawao (Kalaupapa) remains in place. However, the proclamation empowers the counties to adopt a negative test exception process for travelers subject to the inter-island travel quarantine.
For more information on the State of Hawaiʻi’s pre-travel testing program, visit https://hawaiicovid19.com/.
Listed below is a quick overview of the Billfisher site and its amenities. For Guest and Owner safety and responsibilities a complete listing of Kona Billfisher Housing Policy is listed on the website.
• The Kona Billfisher is composed of five three-story buildings. A map of the site is included on this website.
• There are no elevators. We are unable to move occupants staying in rentals and guest units due to ownership.
• 3-day minimum stay
• Check in time is 3:00 PM
• Check out time is 10:00 AM
• The Kona Billfisher is a non-smoking resort
• Office hours are Monday - Sunday 9 AM to 5 PM. Our office is closed for lunch from 12 PM - 1 PM. Office hours vary on holidays.
Each unit includes the following amenities:
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Cable TV
• Telephone with voice mail with unlimited calls to anywhere on the Big Island, all other calls must be collect, credit card or phone card.
• 1st floor units have garden lanais, 2nd and 3rd floors have balcony lanais
• 1-bedroom units occupancy 4 maximum (king bed + queen sleeper), one bath
• 2-bedroom units occupancy 6 maximum (king bed + queen sleeper + 2 single beds), one bath
• (Occupancy includes children and infants, strictly enforced)
• Towel exchange twice a week on Tuesday and Friday.
• Guests staying more than 7 days: unit cleaning, which includes linen change.
On site amenities:
• Covered gazebo area with seating for dining and gathering
• BBQs in two locations on site
• Heated pool with outdoor shower, patio chairs, tables, and chaise lounges
• Ping Pong and Bocce ball
• Laundry room ($1.50 wash/dry per load), irons and ironing boards, change machine, soap/Clorox 2 for purchase
• Newspaper stand (West Hawaii Today newspaper)
Quiet Times: As a courtesy to owners and guests are from 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Your assistance in observing this consideration will make the stay of all more pleasurable.
Hawaii State Transient Tax:
Transient tax from all guests and owners that check in. This fee is based on a percentage of the value of the unit's annual maintenance fee. For our property the fee for 2021 has been calculated to be:
1 Bedroom: $3.75 per night
2 Bedroom: $5.00 per night
1 Bedroom downtime stay over for owners who own back to back intervals is 1/28 of their maintenance fee for 2021 is $73.24 per night + tax.
2 Bedroom downtime stay over for owners who own back to back intervals is 1/28 of their maintenance fee for 2021 $97.95 per night + tax.
*Downtime does not apply to renters, exchanges, or guests.
Read a detailed list of the Kona Billfisher Policies and Fees here.
It is our sincerest desire to help make your experience to our lovely island as memorable and enjoyable as possible. Please let us know if you have any questions by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (808) 329-9277.
We look forward to seeing you!