Welcome to the Kona Billfisher! The Kona Billfisher is located on the southern edge of the village of Kailua-Kona, on the island of Hawaii. The Kona Billfisher is within walking distance of shops, restaurants, clubs, and many other activities. The village stretches for a total of one mile from the King Kamehameha Hotel on the north to the Royal Kona Resort on the south and provides almost any amenity that a visitor might need or want.
The Kona Billfisher is a 65-unit facility. This resort was one of the first timeshares in the state of Hawaii and is one of the very few timeshares where ownership is a simple fee and includes 1/12 of a title to a single unit. Our units are great for families, couples, and groups. We hope you enjoy your stay at the Kona Billfisher and experience a vacation marked by the beautiful Kailua-Kona coast, just a short stroll away from the Billfisher.
Listed below is a quick overview of the Billfisher site and its amenities. For Guest and Owner safety and responsibilities a complete listing of the Kona Billfisher Housing Policy is listed on the website.
• The Kona Billfisher is composed of five three-story buildings. A map of the site is included on this website.
• There are no elevators. We are unable to move occupants staying in rentals and guest units due to ownership.
• 3-day minimum stay
• Check-in time is 3:00 PM
• Check-out time is 10:00 AM
• The Kona Billfisher is a non-smoking resort
• Office hours are Monday - Sunday 9 AM to 5 PM. Our office is closed for lunch from 12 PM - 1 PM. Office hours vary on holidays.
Each unit includes the following amenities:
• Fully equipped kitchen
• Cable TV
• Telephone with voice mail with unlimited calls to anywhere on the Big Island, all other calls must be collected, credit card or phone card.
• 1st-floor units have garden lanais, 2nd and 3rd floors have balcony lanais
• 1-bedroom units occupancy 4 maximum (king bed + queen sleeper), one bath
• 2-bedroom units occupancy 6 maximum (king bed + queen sleeper + 2 single beds), one bath
• (Occupancy includes children and infants, strictly enforced)
• Towel exchange twice a week on Tuesday and Friday.
• Guests staying more than 7 days: unit cleaning, which includes linen change.
• Covered gazebo area with seating for dining and gathering
• BBQs in two locations on site
• Heated pool with outdoor shower, patio chairs, tables, and chaise lounges
• Ping Pong and Bocce ball
• Laundry room ($1.50 wash/dry per load), irons and ironing boards change machine, soap/Clorox 2 for purchase
• Newspaper stand (West Hawaii Today newspaper)
Quiet Times: As a courtesy to owners and guests is from 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. Your assistance in observing this consideration will make the stay all more pleasurable.
Hawaii State Transient Tax:
Transient tax from all guests and owners that check-in. This fee is based on a percentage of the value of the unit's annual maintenance fee. For our property the fee for 2022 has been calculated to be:
1 Bedroom: $5.41 per night
2 Bedroom: $7.22 per night
1 Bedroom downtime stay over for owners who own back-to-back intervals is 1/28 of their maintenance fee for 2022 is $73.24 per night + tax.
2 Bedroom downtime stay over for owners who own back-to-back intervals is 1/28 of their maintenance fee for 2022 $97.95 per night + tax.
*Downtime does not apply to renters, exchanges, or guests.
Read a detailed list of the Kona Billfisher Policies and Fees here.
It is our sincerest desire to help make your experience on our lovely island as memorable and enjoyable as possible. Please let us know if you have any questions by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (808) 329-9277.
We look forward to seeing you!